Old September 9th 03, 02:32 PM
Kalyahna

Our shelter never rejects a cat -- but that often means that the cat will
be
euthanized in just a few days because there are far more cats (and dogs)
than homes. Therefore, the question of placing a cat in a shelter where

it
has a chance for a loving home is often pure fantasy; it sounds good, but
the chances are pretty remote.

Frankly, I'm glad to see that so many people are pushing for people to adopt
shelter cats.
However, it's aggravating to see just as many (and some of the same) people
repeatedly saying that it's nigh-impossible for an animal to find a good
home through those same shelters. They'll be euthanized, or some other
animal will be euthanized to make room for them. Those situations do happen,
but do any of you really think that the people doing the euthanasia enjoy it
or that the shelter doesn't do everything it can to see that the ONLY
animals euthanized are terribly sick or terribly aggressive?