Old June 23rd 03, 03:19 PM
Agua Girl

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:axyJa.68093$Dr3.15223@fed1read02...
I read the whole post exactly. How on earth do you teach humiliation. It

is
a natural feeling which is not tought. It simply is.

Not really. Check it out, read some books on the human
psyche. We get positive reinforcement and it makes us
feel good, we get negative reinforcement and it makes us
feel bad. Those are the base emotions you are associating
with humiliation. Humans feel humiliated when someone
injures their pride..or gives them negative input in response
to something they did, said, wore etc. You can't feel
humiliated without the negative input..it's not a feeling you
just have. It's the old tree falling in a forest thing. If you
do something really stupid that would normally make you
feel humiliated..but no one else knows or will ever know...do
you still feel humiliated? of course not (unless you have self esteem
issues) because you didn't get negative in put in response. It's
learned. If your cat does something silly or gets dressed up in
bunny ears the only possible way he could feel anything negative
is for you to give him negative input.

Most emotions are learned responses based on input. They
all work off of base emotions but what triggers the emotion
and the response is "learned". We learn to be embarrassed
about certain things based on negative input when we do them,
we learn to feel pride about things based on positive input when
we achieve them.

AG