Old February 20th 05, 01:22 AM
Gabey8

Default Boop test

I've been thinking about that phrase I learned a few weeks ago, "Booping
the Hube", after Hubie sent some purrs to Captain for his sore leg.

So I decided to do a little test to see if my kitties are boopable.

Conveniently, both cats are resting on the sofa near me, after having worn
one another out with chasing and wrestling all afternoon.

Captain is closer, and within arm's length, so he got the first test.

"Boop!"

He didn't move.

"Boop!"

Nothing. He is SOUND asleep. His boop-meter appears to be temporarily
deactivated. I GUESS he's boopable.

Next came Stanley. He's a little farther away, and I had to lean to reach
him. My movement woke him from his slumber enough to make him open his
eyes.

"Boop!"

Little whiskers tickled my hand as he sniffed my finger.

"Boop!"

More sniffing of my boop finger. I could feel him purring. Stanley is
DEFINITELY boopable. )

So we have one inconclusive result, and one "Yes" result. I'll have to run
another boop test on Captain when he's something resembling conscious.

Donna and the tired twosome known as Captain and Stanley

P.S. Captain just turned so that he's doing an upside-downy head, so I
thought he might be waking a bit. Nope. "Boop!" brought no response
whatsoever. Apparently he doesn't need to actually wake up to change
position.