Old March 9th 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default What's wrong with my cat - PLEASE HELP

Suddenly, without warning, Rene S. exclaimed (3/8/2010 12:49 PM):
I decided to have the ultrasound done today. I didn't want to go
through the weekend not knowing if my cat had cancer or not. Turns
out he has pancreatitis. Serious, but better than cancer. Pretty
weird that I'm actually elated that he has pancreatitis.

Yvonne,

I sent you an email with a link to this article:
http://www.vin.com/VINDBPub/SearchPB...00/PR00114.htm

The cornerstones in treatment are pain medication and at-home daily
sub-q fluids. I have been through this and he can pull through. Email
me if you need specifics.

Rene

Are you feeding him Nutro? There's a thread here about it, I believe it
is causing pancreatitis in some cats.

jmc