Old January 3rd 04, 06:20 PM
Gail

I never read those instructions and just go by my cats themselves and how
they look and act.
Gail
"blkcatgal" wrote in message
I was reading the feeding instructions on the can of cat food that I

usually
feed my cat....Pro Plan Senior....one of those 3 oz. cans (small one).

The
instructions said to feed one can per every 3 lbs. of weight per day. If
that's the case, then my now already overweight cat of 17 lbs. should get
over 5 cans of food a day!!! I know my cat would love to eat 5 cans a day
but, really, isn't that a bit much???? Maybe that's why so many pets are

so
overweight these days. How do they (manufacturers) determine the correct
amounts to feed a cat?

Sue