Old October 23rd 09, 10:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Visitor!

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

Of course it would break my heart to actually give her up for adoption,
but maybe it won't come to that. And after the other night, I'm
thinking that maybe she'll bite the bullet and come into my place
on rainy, chilly nights.

I would be tempted to get her back and keep her in for six months

That's something I've been considering, too. I think it would be misery
for Smudge, Roxy, Licky, me, and any neighbor within earshot. But maybe
worth it, I don't know.

When she was younger, I kept her indoors for a few years (before I had
the idea to put her on a leash and tie it to the stairwell railing). She
*never* stopped trying to get out. Every time I opened the door or even
went near it, she tried to race through it. When I was home, she would
stand at the door and howl to be let out. And this was *before* she ever
tasted the joy of being a free-to-roam, bona fide indoor/outdoor cat. I
sense that she would find it intolerable to be trapped indoors now, and
would become very depressed and hostile. That doesn't mean it's out of the
question, but I don't have a good feeling about it. I think it would be
better for her (and me, my other cats, etc) if she slept inside someone
else's house when it's raining and/or cold.

Joyce

--
I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman