Old July 19th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default I'm Sorry

"tanadashoes" wrote in message

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Jul 19, 3:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Next time I'll post child pornography fantasies instead. Sheesh. Maybe I
need a break from most of you.

Pam S. disgusted by her stupidity

Pam I get the reference (it took me a minute, though)....and it IS
just plain weird, isn't it??
I know you have a wonderfully irreverant sense of humor, and I also
get that you wouldn't ever offend anybody on purpose.
I remember when I got spanked but good just for using the word
"lifestyle" in blessed ignorance that it might be an offensive word.
Hell. I didn't know.
Oops. Can I say "hell?"
Maybe you offended some people, now you know. Kick yourself around for
2 seconds then forget about it. But keep your sense of humor. That's
what keeps us sane.

Sherry

===============

I'm sorry. I got an email from a friend to warn me about this and sent
one back saying I could handle it. And I did. Then I saw that email from
Kyla to Susan about Grandma Shirley's death and lost it. That email was
in as poor of taste or more as my stupid joke, but not one person said
anything to her about it. Some of the very people who jumped on the
politically correct bandwagon probably thought it was marvelous. I'll
tell you, if Kyla sends something so disgusting to us when Rob is fighting
his last battle, I'll do something violent.

Pam S.

Pam, I certainly agree with what you have written here. I thought Kyla's
message was dreadful but did not respond to that one because she writes so
many where her thoughts seem to get confused that I ignored it. My mother
died last year at the age of 91, and I would have been horrified if a
message like that had been delivered to her. I put your message in a
completely different context. You write beautifully, and none of your own
stories have the slightest tinge of unpleasantness. They are delightful and
should be published. So, I may have overreacted to the joke, but I have
seen that same joke circulating on email, and it seems to be picked up by
people who want to see all Muslims as terrorists. I was reacting to what I
see in that joke and certainly not to you personally. I have grown to
appreciate what you and your family have been facing for so long, and I wish
you only the best.

MaryL