Old July 20th 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default I'm Sorry

"hopitus" wrote in message

I'm sorry. I got an email from a friend to warn me about this and sent
one
back saying I could handle it. And I did. Then I saw that email from
Kyla
to Susan about Grandma Shirley's death and lost it. That email was in as
poor of taste or more as my stupid joke, but not one person said anything
her about it. Some of the very people who jumped on the politically
correct
bandwagon probably thought it was marvelous. I'll tell you, if Kyla
sends
something so disgusting to us when Rob is fighting his last battle, I'll
do
something violent.
Pam S.

For what its worth Matt and I were posting re the largest age group,
50&60+
women, parading around their block naked - no thought of Muslims at
all in
my head. Someone who got on the PC bandwagon, as you call it, in the
heat of passion, posted their "edict" i.e. "if you post this, you will
__________
(fill in the horror bestowed) ". I feel embarrassed for my peers who
post
empty threats and edicts. Unfortunately MaryL thought I meant her
and got confused as my next non-plonk (oh, for a plonk) was all about
the cheery "feel-better" "death greeting" you mention.
I was about to blow my top over it but that is not "family" behavior
here
and if insensitive, clueless "compelled" (LOL, yeah, right - finger
pushes
"send" long before brain engages, if ever) repeated the "death
greeting"
again today, just in case we (or Susan, God forbid) missed it - I
bailed
and have been in the hacker ngs I favor. Those people are insulting
also
but they are not stupid...but they *are* smart.
Thank you for your take on the "death greeting". Hope MaryL
understands
what I was about and it wasn't Muslims, LOL.

I am now totally confused by this post. I feel like my German friend who
could not understand the accent of my neighbours and went back to my house.
She said "I thought I must be drunk" since she'd had two glasses of wine and
was not used to it. I feel the same about this post. I do not understand
it at all (and I am not drunk..)

Tweed