Old February 25th 04, 09:01 PM
Jacqueline

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:50:48 +0000, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:41:19 -0600, Fan wrote:
In some circumstances we do rehome indoor cats, the main reason for
this is medical but there are occasions where we have Pedigree cats
which would need to kept indoors. If a cat is used to going outside,
then we would not home it to someone who wants an indoor cat, hence
the reason behind doing home checks we try and match the cats
requirements to that of the prospective new owners.

Thank you, I think that paragraph in particular sums things up very
well and I hope that put an end to the claims that Cats Protection
would normally home a healthy cat to an indoor only situation.

So, from that statement, the CP as a matter of course rehome
pedigree cats to indoor only houses. Do you think this is acceptible?
And if so, why should pedigree cats be treated any differently?
Bearing in mind a pedigree cat is less likely to be stolen than a
moggy, there's no reason why it sould be treated as any differently.

Sick, Yes. Disabled, Yes. Normal healthy cat, NO WAY except as an
admission of failure.

Please point me to the bit in that quote that says homing an indoor
cat is an 'admission of failture'.

It's very odd, you and I seem to have interpreted that statement
completely differently. I took the 'we do rehome indoor cats' to mean
just that. I never said they *only* rehome indoor cats, I never said
they promote indoor cats, but they do rehome cats to indoor homes,
particularly if it's safer in the circumstances. Curiously, I know of
one situation recently - 2 littermates, 8 months old, very healthy and
active, in the CP's fostercare. There was a choice between two homes -
one with a garden, one in a flat. The CP went with the flat option.

I really don't know why you're so obnoxious and defensive Mr
Brenchley, I just don't get your motives.