Old May 12th 12, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Boyfie notices a spider

Christina Websell wrote:

After this conversation I found a spider in my bath when I went up to bed.
I was only an inch so I got it in a towel next morning and flapped it out of
my window. I can do the inch ones. But once they get much bigger, like my
three inch girl, I don't like it.

Tweed, I would be pretty freaked to find a 3-inch spider in my house, too!

One time I went camping at a campground that had rustic cabins. There
was a spider, about the same size as your girl, on the wall right above
my cot. There was no way I was going to sleep under that! I swear, this
spider wasn't just big, but multi-colored. It was striped blue and red.
Well, maybe that was the fear talking. But that's how I remember it!

Luckily, someone else staying in the same cabin wasn't afraid of it at
all and she took the spider gently in her (bare) hands, brought it outside
and released it.

The fact is, if you live alone, you may have to evict big spiders, my late
husband used to do this for me. He had no fear.

Whereas a friend of mine (female) is the one who takes care of the spiders
in her house, because her partner (male) is too scared.

One of my brothers is terrified by them, the other has no problem. Unluckily
the nearest brother is the one more frightened than I am.

For the most part, I'm more afraid/shuddery about crawling insects and
other arthropods than by flying ones. One exception to that is wasps. A
few years ago I was visiting my sister and a wasp got into the house.
She asked me to shoo it out and I said I was too afraid of it to do that.
She replied, "I'm more scared of it than you are." I looked at her, and
she was sitting on the couch with this look of absolute terror, and I
realized that she was right. I had to be the "strong one". So I shooed
out the wasp (luckily it was right on the inside of the screen door, so
that wasn't so hard).

But wasps don't bother me in the same way as spiders and ants. I'm actually
*afraid* of getting stung. With big spiders or a mass ant infestation, I'm
not scared - I know nothing bad is going to happen to me. I just get very
creeped out, like my skin is crawling. It's a different feeling.

--
Joyce

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better
for it. -- Abraham Lincoln