Old May 28th 12, 08:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Buster is missing - He's found!

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 May 2012 22:48:13 -0700, "Joy" wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
. ..
We're supposed to have thunderstorms today. I'm so worried for my soft,
sheltered stripey boy!

Purrs for him to find his way to where you can find him.

I found him hiding huddled on the deck! I'm so relieved.

I checked all the bushes and some of the neighbor's bushes outside, but
all
that yielded me was a bunch of mosquito bites and cobwebs on my head.

I was feeling so frantic, but I tried to put myself into Buster's frame of
mind, and thought of all the possible paths he could follow that would
allow him to stay out of the open. I also knew that he liked to retreat to
heights, so I checked some trees, and also a partially-completed deck and
stairs that was a project of the previous homeowner more than a decade
ago.
I'd never used it, so I'd forgotten about it. Nevertheless, I did a
cursory
check, and didn't see Buster there.

But the next time I checked, I thought there was a vague shape there. I
looked closer, and it was actually a shadow thrown by a trellis, but in
the
shadow was Buster! He looked down at me a bit quizzically.

I went to the bottom of the steps and called him in soft tones like I
normally do. And surprisingly, he stretched and waddled down casually and
into my arms. He purred and purred as I held him close.

But when I got him inside, he abruptly hissed at the door he'd escaped
from, and puffed up his tail. I let him down, and he trotted up the door,
and looked outside suspiciously. He's winding around my ankles now as I'm
typing.

Whew! What a relief!

Joy