Old October 11th 03, 05:27 PM
Iso

Probably because what you are referring to in the posting, I am only
responsible for fifty percent. The mumbled jargon which intertwines, I
didn't write. Furthermore, assuming the author does not want to keep the
cats, or they find that fostering the cats is not acceptable, what are they
to do? Not everyone shares your view of how best to handle the situation.
There is not just ONE correct way to handle this situation. It's up to the
caretaker of the cats to make the decision in this situation, not you or me.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Iso, why didn't you have any words of wisdom to say to this post?

In ,
Cheryl composed with style:
In ,
Iso composed with style:

You are correct, the younger the kitten the better.

That depends.

Just remember
that if you decide to take in these kittens it's a lifetime
decision.

That is not true. They can be taken in as foster cats. To find the
onetruehome.

You will from now on control their universe. You will
control everything from feeding time to play time. You need to
consider taking them to the vet

Consider?? If they are taken in it is a neccessity.

to be checked up and given their
shots. You also need to think about if you want to have them
neutered/castrated

Again, a neccessity. Whether they are kept as pets or fostered
until they are found a onetruehome they need to be neutered. It
can be done as young as 8 wks, or 2 lbs.

and declawed (although it's considered inhumane
in some areas).

Eh? You are condoning declawing of these babies???

If you decide that you don't want the cat's you
need to turn them over to the Humane Society or a No Kill Shelter
as soon as possible.

They will be killed. No-kill shelters don't always mean that. They
mean "adoptable" cats will be either fostered or held in a cage for
a certain amount of time. Kittens who are feral are not considered
adoptable as a standard. A sanctuary is what I think you mean.

Kittens are predominantly adopted more than a
one year old cat,

Wrong. I've seen too many grow up to be unadoptable *cats* and then
they aren't wanted anymore than they were before they grew up.

which nobody wanted to begin with. Do the right
thing.

Which is have them vetted, shotted, neutered, fostered, hang up
signs with cute stories about them with pictures and a sad story
and find them their onetruehome.