Old January 5th 04, 08:02 AM
Ray Ban

wrote in message ...
In rec.pets.cats.health+behav Ray Ban wrote:
Everything is cheap or expensive, depending on your situation. Let's
see: a can of high quality cat food is about 80-90 cents where I live.
Twice a day that's $1.70 on the average -- around $50/month. Just for

Guess what? I feed my cat's Nutro dry food. Not cheapo food. It costs me
at most 30 dollars for *2* months.

Right. But you can't get cheap WET premium food.

Seriously, even with the costs you are saying, if the baby makes your
money that tight, you cannot afford the baby. 50 dollars can easily be
eaten up if your baby ends up having even a common health problem. Shoot,
it probably can easily be taken up just by the added health insurance (if
you can even afford it... most are more expensive for one person than 50
dollars a month) the baby will give you.

For some people, the arrival of a baby brings about many changes such
as "belt-tightening" in many places, including getting rid of a cat or
cats.

once again, I state that if you are in the position you hypothosize, you
should have had some forethought and used birth control!

Alice

Why? So I could keep the cat? If the only way I could have a child is
to dump the cat, then so be it.