Old January 21st 17, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default I Am An Ailurophile...I Guess shrug

My Splodge was black and white, about equal amounts of each, but after
collecting what I combed off him and getting it spun after he died, I
ended up with a fluffy beige skullcap. (It's wonderfully soft and
snuggly, ideal for cold draughty days at work).

I can't believe you got enough fur to make a hat! How big is the hat?

It's sort of a large skullcap, comes down as far my ears and folds up
an inch or so. A friend of Marion's was a craft spinner and did it
for me, more or less as a challenge. She thought she'd have to mix
it with other fibres, but it turned to be usable on its own. She
showed it to other people involved in spinning and weaving and none
of them guessed what it came from. Most folks would probably guess
alpaca.

Splodge shed a heck of a lot. He occasionally developed temporary
bald patches on his chest and tummy.

Didn't we have somebody here whose cat spent years trying to persuade
her to dress in orange?

I don't remember that. There have been a number of orange owners here, but
can't remember any talk of collecting orange fur to make clothing.

The one I was thinking of simply accessorized everything she wore as
if dropping a hint.