Old July 22nd 17, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Losing Fur

On 7/20/2017 5:07 AM, Cheryl wrote:
Kerry, my newish cat, seems to be lacking fur on part of her belly near
the back legs. I only just noticed - she loves being petted, but like
many cats, she takes exception to belly-rubs so I hadn't looked at her
belly in quite a while. I have an appointment with the vet for her
tomorrow - I hope it's just a bit of minor over-grooming.

Anyone have experience with cats losing fur?? She certainly grew it all
back after she was spayed about a year ago, and now, a largish area is
either very thin of or missing fur.

Is it possible that she has some food allergies? Many cats are allergic
to grains (especially corn). Of course, I know that you are already
careful of that, but it would be worthwhile to carefully look at the
list of ingredients, and also to use grain-free canned food.

MaryL