Old March 4th 05, 12:16 PM
Ivor Jones

jacquie0 wrote:

[snip]

Your cats are absolutely beautiful!!! I have a polydactyl cat. He
is all orange and has 23 toes all together. 7 on left front paw, 6
on right front paw, and 5 on each back foot. I must admit, the
extra toes are a bugger to clip. If I am not diligent about it,
they start to curl inwards towards his paw pads. The first vet I
took him to told me that it wasn't natural, and that I should have
them removed. I told her to give me her hands so that I could
remove her fingers. She asked me to leave, and to never come back.
Geez, that was a no brainer. When I took him to the vet that he has
now, he told me that it would have taken away a lot of his charm.
He was all paws as a kitten, and absolutely adorable. Actually,
when I rescued him from being thrown into the river in a garbage
bag, the person who was going to throw him in said that he couldn't
get rid of him because nobody wanted a deformed cat. I will be posting
some pictures of my two soon. Hopefully I can get
it done this weekend. I hope to be making up a web page of them.

Please do, he sounds absolutely adorable..!

Ivor