Old February 16th 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Cat repeatedly vomiting?

Niel Humphreys wrote:

He is booked in to have some blood taken for a full bloodwork on Friday
morning but I wonder if anyone can give me an idea what the likely problem
could be? Kidneys? Liver? Cancer? Either way I get a feeling in my bones
he's not long for this earth now.

I just had Kira in for the same thing. Not as bad, she hasn't lost
weight and was keeping some meals down.

My vet said it was probably hairballs. Older cats have a harder time
passing them, so they need extra lubrication. He recommended we try
hairball stuff before doing further tests. (We did do bloodwork as I
wanted to get the geriatric panel anyway, and everything was fine).

She has puked only twice since last Thursday, so major improvement, and
both of those times had some hair,but not as much as previously. So, it
is helping.

She doesn't like the stuff, so I give her a treat afterward to make it
a better experience.

If you haven't tried it already, I'd give it a try and see if it helps.