Old January 19th 17, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Preferred Golf Ball

John Kasupski wrote:

She also currently loves cherry fruit pies. Won't eat the crust, but
considers it a personal insult if she doesn't get to have her share of
the filling.

I had a cat (Smudge, who I talked about in my posts yesterday) who would
probably eat *only* the crust. She was a carbohydrate fiend! Soon after I
adopted her, I came home one evening to find bags of pasta and rice torn
open and the contents spilled all over the floor. So those items had to be
moved to somewhere less accessible.

When I had some friends over for dinner one evening, I was out on the front
porch grilling the fish, when suddenly one of then yelled, "Joyce! Come
quick! Smudge is attacking the bread!" They had brought one of those artisanal
breads from a bakery, and Smudge wasn't about to let the humans have all of it.

And then there was the time I came home from grocery shopping, and (foolishly)
put the bag on the floor while unpacking a different bag. Next thing I knew,
Smudge had gotten into the bag. She ignored the raw chicken and the cheese
that were in there, and had torn open a bag of English muffins.

Pill Pockets are a gift from heaven! In my experience, trying to pill a cat
without them has generally been a disaster for all parties concerned.

Yeah, whenever a dog owner claims that "cats are much easier pets than dogs,"
I know that they have never tried to pill a cat. The last time I took care
of someone's dog, I had to give him medication every night. All I had to do
was stick the pill inside one of those bacon-cheese treats and toss it in
the air. He'd catch it and swallow it whole.

Joyce

--
"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene