Old April 24th 10, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default St. Bernard's Worth of Kittymass

harry wrote:
Hello,

If you consider the average weight of (properly fed) kitties to be in
the range of 5 (3 to 6) lbs, and the weight range of a St. Bernard is
110/200 lbs, you can own about 40 kitties of a St. Bernard's worth.
Therefore if someone asks you how many kitties you own, you can say,
“I have a St. Bernard‘s worth”, so while Nosy Rosy is standing there
in a state of confusion, you can quickly change the subject, or just
walk away.

If you live in a housing complex that says you can own up to the size
of a dog thatis no more than 20 lbs; you can own about 4 (properly
fed) kitties.

In his natural form, the Snow Bengal is an exception, but then heis
also bran new to the cat world, so eventually they may raise the
average to 6 lbs.

Where in the civilized world does one find healthy adult cats who weigh
LESS???? Except for Paraclete (who was the runt of her litter) none of
my lifetime's worth of cats has weighed less than ten pounds, and I've
had a couple who were closer to fifteen, without being in any way obese.