Old December 7th 14, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default Lab Testing after Thyroid treatment

After having the radioactive iodine shot for hyperthyroid done one month
ago.my cat, Pit2nya had her one month lab work done...
Most of her numbers are now excellent:
T4 thyroid was 6.4, now it's only 1.9 (-:
Renal (Kidney function) is normal...that's good.
However:
Cholesterol is HIGH! 236 (should be 75 to 220)
I will be reading labels of both wet and dry foods quite carefully.

Any suggestions to start with?

Also Na/K Ratio is a bit low 31 instead of 32-41
How does one increase or reduce which of these?
(my math brain isn't functioning at the moment...too long inactivated)

She will be retested in 2 months. I'd like the tests to show improvements
by then.

The tests seemed quite pricey, but I have no comparisons for blood panels
and 'renal' urinalysis.

Sylvia