Old July 29th 03, 09:31 PM
Judy

Default Being a Considerate Cat Owner

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
Anyone have suggestions for keeping your cats out of a garden they're
unwelcome in? I don't want to have to keep them in, as they've been
enjoying going out for more than a year now - since before this person

moved
in, in fact - and they're generally very safe roaming out back, but I do
respect the fact that she's not too happy that they're interfering with

her
garden. She claims to have tried everything and given up; I have no idea
what she actually has tried, as she didn't really seem to want to discuss
the subject, seemed politely but annoyedly resigned, so I feel the onus is
on me. But other than try and fence little areas in the bushes that they
sneak through (and they could still just jump onto and over the fence),

I'm
at a real loss as to what I might do to resolve the situation. I want to
keep both neighbor and cats happy, but have no idea how I might acheive
this! Any ideas would be most gratefully received.

Ann

Last summer, Rita, the lady two doors down mentioned that Matilda "went" in
her yard from time to time. The spot she had chosen wasn't a bother, but
Rita was about to add a potted tree and was concerned that Matilda might
start using that.

The idea that I came up with and that worked, was to dump a couple of bags
of top soil in a corner of my yard. I showed the pile to Matilda and said
"here, this is for you." She used it right away.

About a month later I asked Rita if Matilda had been down to her place again
and she said "no." :c)

I don't know if doing this would work for your cats but it has worked for
Matilda.

Judy