Old August 2nd 03, 10:04 AM
Bill Henderson

"Judy" wrote in message

"Bill Henderson" wrote in message
Hi

I am not a cat lover. I like having it about the place but it is a cat

and
only a cat.

I got the cat from a cat shelter to help deal with my mouse infestation.
Great success - no more mice. The cat is shy and is uncomfortable with
strangers. It is, however, comfortable with me.

The problem is that it has started to bring me wee presents; namely

voles.
Although flattered by its consideration I don't want dead body parts
littering up my carpets. How do I discourage this?

How are these wee presents being brought in?

The cat has free access via a catflap. It comes and goes as it wants.

Since yesterday there has been a very unpleasant smell about the house and I
can't find the source. Perhaps she's progressed onto something bigger than
mice and voles!

At least the warm weather ( mid to high teens Celsius) allows me to keep
the windows open.

Bill