Old March 9th 04, 10:22 PM
MaryL

"Sharon Talbert" wrote in message
. washington.edu...

Advantage kills on contact and keeps on killing for 3-4 weeks. As flea
eggs hatch, they die.

Like you, I hate to flea bomb. Advantage (or Frontline or Revolution) is
effective enough that I don't have to bomb. As fleas jump from the rug to
the cat they are killed. Vacuuming helps, as well, if you bag and discard
the vacuum bag.

I also heartily recommend taking up all cat bedding and giving it a good
wash (bagging it tightly in plastic if you don't wash right away).

Just as an aside, another great flea product is Capstar, which kills fleas
immediately and kills for about 3 days. We use it in our rescue work, for
new young arrivals. Capstar is safe even for very small kittens (4
weeks).

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats
www.campuscats.org

In addition to the pointers listed here and in some other replies, you could
cut a flea collar into fairly pieces and vacuum a couple of them in the
vacuum bag or cannister. This would help to control any eggs or stray fleas
that might be collected. Incidentally, I would *never* use a flea collar on
my cats. Mine are indoor only, so I rarely need flea control -- but when I
do, I use Advantage.

MaryL