Old January 18th 17, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Kitten Converts Reluctant Owner

On 1/17/2017 9:33 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:39:43 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

With creamed corn, or any other processed food that has more than just the
vegetable in it, it's a good idea to read the ingredients list to make sure
there's no onion. Onion is bad for cats and can cause serious health problems,
maybe even death. The same is true for garlic, although that's less likely
to be found in creamed corn.

This fact IS a problem, because Minnie likes spaghetti and I haven't seen a jar
of spaghetti sauce yet that doesn't have onion and dried or dehydrated garlic on
the list of ingredients. Luckily, she'll accept pasta without sauce, especially
if I melt a little butter on it for her first.

I only had cream corn because it was given to me, and I've used it up. When I
buy it, it's kernal corn, and again I melt butter on it when I heat it up, which
gives her another reason to like it. Then again, I also melt butter on my peas
and green beans, and she couldn't be any less interested in them.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

I can't remember who it was who used to post here who had a cat that
loved broccoli...

Jill