Old January 19th 17, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_5_]

Default Kitten Converts Reluctant Owner

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 9:30:34 PM UTC-6, John Kasupski wrote:
In another thread, I promised (or threatened, depending on your point of view)
to tell the story of how my relatively new kitten Minnie changed my mind about
not really wanting a pet - so, here goes...

Why didn't I want another pet at the time? About fifteen years ago, I had a cat
named Goldie, a male orange tabby who was, to make a long story shorter, the
coolest cat I'd ever seen - and I've seen my share. Then one morning I left for
work and saw him lying dead on the shoulder of the road about fifty feet from
the driveway. He'd gotten outside during the night and been struck and killed by
a passing vehicle. It was obvious he'd been on the shoulder of the road and not
in the driving lane when he was hit, so whoever killed him deliberately swerved
off the road onto the shoulder to do so. I'd like to spend ten minutes alone in
a locked room with the driver of that vehicle.

It might be cold comfort since your cat died, but it might have been hit and then moved to the shoulder. I accidently hit a squirrel while driving my moped and i Moved it off the road by a tree to try and give it a chance to live.