Old January 22nd 04, 11:24 PM
GovtLawyer

The one toy that our cats play with the most is what we call the "feather
rope" which we actually made. what we did is we got an eye hook (usually
used for hanging pictures up or to put a hook in to latch a gate). We got
two tennis shoe laces and tied them together to make one long rope(thick
white ones so the cats can really see them) we then attatched a feather to
the end of the rope. We put the eye hook in the door frame - the very top
center of the door (then we tied the rope to the eye hook so that the rope
hangs in the middle of the door and the feather sits just above the floor.
They go crazy for this toy. One of our cats spends time laying on her side
and swatting at it. Our younger kitty attacks it and bites it and grasps it
in her paws and bites it then gets a crazy look in her eye and bats it
around. We had another kitty (who passed away this last year) who would
really get it going and it would swing back and forth- sometimes when it
started swinging back towards her she would take off down the hall as if it
was chasing her!!!! then she'd run back down the hall and go through the
whole thing again. They like this toy much much better than any store
bought item. Just remember not to use any glue to attach the feather- we
just tie a bunch of knots in the rope to hold the feather and when the
little one plays with it, she sometimes pulls the feather out so we just put
it back and she continues her fun.

Kinda reminds me of the things they had hanging on the scatch pad, which hangs
on the doorknob. They love it, and eventually managed to eat through the
elastic or just pull it off. Then, I let them play with it as a floor toy.
Good idea, thanks.