Old July 11th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Frontline bad?

"Robotech_Master" wrote in message

Some areas are really more flea prone than others. I too live in
an area where they are endemic and can cause what you had. Try
'Advantage' which also has a version for cats that prevents
heartworms.

Well, the article (to which that page links) implicates Advantage,
too.

http://www.apnm.org/publications/res...leachemfin.pdf

This sounds pretty darned scary.

I scanned the article and it seemed a rant for 'being green'. Well
intentioned I am sure but if you live in an area where fleas can be so bad,
your cat dies from the complications, they are not apt to be of much use.

I have some home remedies that others have sent, but I do not find them
workable here. A bit of vinegar in the water is supposed to help (in my
case, cat will not drink it). One that does work but kills only adult fleas
is a shampoo with 'head-n-shoulders' (martial art of cat bathing not
recommended but sometimes it's ben so severe we had no choice).