Old April 14th 15, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot

Default Neighbors cat is trying to move in

wrote:
On 4/13/2015 9:08 PM, Lord Bergamot wrote:

For several weeks she's been coming in, eating, sleeping,
playing. My cats have accepted her into the pack.

Her owner put a collar on her so I know she's not a stray. She's
a nice cat, about the same age as Hondo. She's getting about the
age to go into heat. I've started locking her out of the house, hoping
she'll go home and stay there. I don't have much hope. She's
staying in the dog house, outside the back door. Every time the
door opens she looks out and meows. I don't need another female
cat who hasn't been fixed, or even another cat.
I've got all the cats I want.

How well do you know your neighbors (the one where your visitor cat
*should* be staying with)? If you know them well enough, I suggest that
you talk to them and request that they have "their" cat spayed. You
would be doing both yourself and the cat a favor--not to mention
reducing the likelihood of still more overpopulation.

I don't have any idea who the owner is. Houses are so spread out
around here, all I can be sure of is the direction. I plan to ask my
nearest neighbor first. The neighbor on the other side of them I'll
ask, but I doubt he'd even buy food for his pets, much less a collar.

There was so much much trouble giving away kittens the last time,
I don't want to even try again. Hondo is nine months old, and I've
given up trying to give him away.

--
:-)
Don't let the Zombies get you!!!!