Old July 7th 03, 05:37 PM
*~*SooZy*~*

"Yngver" wrote in message
"*~*SooZy*~*" wrote:

My vet didn't really know what brought it on, anyone in here very
experienced anything like this? we wondered if he had a shock! I do

smear
Vic Vapour rub on all my electrical leads, and use antimate in areas I

don't
want him to go but maybe I missed a lead out! really don't know what it
could of been, any ideas?

Yes, I've experienced this and want to advise you not to worry too much.

You'll
probably never find out what caused it. Fevers of unknown origin (FUO) are

not
uncommon in kittens. Like yours, our kitten of 5 months age was her usual

self
one morning, and by afternoon was sitting hunched up with her chin on the

floor
as though she didn't even have the strength to pick her head up. I

recognized
the signs of fever and we rushed her to the emergency vet (this stuff

always
happens on a Sunday). She had a temp of 105. However, after an injection

of
antibiotics and some fluids, she perked up and within a few hours was

playing
again. The vet could find no apparent cause of her fever. She said it

could
have been a bite wound from playing with our other cat, but we never found

any
wound, and it was unlikely anyway because they never played that hard.

oh thank you its good to hear someone else's pet has experienced something
similar (not that I wish it on any pet) he has been fine ever since
--
Luv 'n stuff
*~*SooZy*~*