Old September 8th 03, 05:10 PM
L. Kelly

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote in message
| Hehehe...
|
| Earlier this evening Vernon & I went to the home of a young lad in the same
| cycle club we are in. This weekend coming it's the national finals of a cycling
| competition and he & Nathan are in it. We are taking both down there. So we
| went off to this young lad's home tonight to check his bike fits okay on the
| bike carrier attached to the rear of our car. It does :-)
|
| Anyhow, whilst there, one of the lad's neighbours is also in the same cycling
| club. He came out for a chat - accompanied by one of his four cats, a tortie
| lady. 'Natch I introduced myself to said feline - in feline a sort of
| "puurrrr-meow!" with eyes half-closed and a yawn, followed by
| "Purrrrrrrrr....." from me. Said feline (human name "Bubbles") responded with a
| "Meow!" and a "Purrrmeeep!" So I bent down and tickled her ears, with a
| "Purrrrmeep!" back from me. Said feline then allowed me to pick her up, touch
| noses with her and we communed with purrs. She then washed my fingers for me.
|
| All of this went on with much bemused looks from the human males surrounding
| us, especially the human of the cat and the young lad (who often looks after
| said cats when the humans are on holiday). The lad said to me, "Blimey, she's
| not like that with most people." To which I repsonded, "Ah yes, but I speak cat
| and I know my place as an inferior life form."
|
| I do believe the humans then started whispering about men in white coats,
| medication and rooms with padded walls ;-)
|
| The cat and I just got on with smurgling :-)
|
| Cheers, helen s
|

| ~~~~~~~~~~
| This is sent from a redundant email
| Mail sent to it is dumped
| My correct one can be gleaned from
| h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
| by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
| ~~~~~~~~~~

Very cute story!

I do this with my friend's cat. This cat has a very badly frost-bitten ear tip which is,
of course, very sensitive. He won't let anyone touch it...not even my friend or the vet.
I talked to him for a few minutes, then reached over and began stroking the sore spot on
his ear. He immediately started purring and went to sleep. I stroked his sore ear for
over half an hour, with my friend looking on in amazement. He goes on about that every
time I see him. :-)
--
Hugs,
Lynn