Old March 31st 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I captured a feral tom in my house last night

223rem wrote:

Warm house. Open window. Other cats. Cat food.

So I should have kept the windows shut and my cats
confined indoors?

A lot of people here will say "yes"! I'm not one of them - I believe in
allowing my cats to be indoor/outdoor, if at all possible. ("The
authorities" seems to be divided on the subject - quite a few of them
claim that cats do better if NOT confined.)

Our new family member seems to be weighing in on the subject. Kayla the
five month old BC pup. For whatever reason, trying to keep her "herd"
together, or knowing I'm more relaxed when the cats are in or what, she
makes a effort to keep the cats from going outside. And if they try to
relax in the back yard that is her domain, she tries to get them back
inside.

Their Royal Highnesses and a bit miffed by the whole routine. But tend to
come in and stay in more just so she will leave them alone. They have not
however conceded her portion of the house to her.

Jo