Old August 19th 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Sheelagh >o

Default Cat Pregnancy Questions?

On 19 Aug, 08:41, "Upscale" wrote:
"Dan Espen" wrote in message
Drowning is listed in "Appendix 4 - Some Unacceptable Agents and Methods
of Euthanasia" with the comment, "Drowning is not a form of euthanasia
and is inhumane."

Note that those are guidelines for vets.

In a veterinary context there are many methods available that bring
on sudden death or allow for the animal to be sedated first.

Thank you. I never said that there weren't easier and more acceptable
methods of euthanasia. All I was trying to get across was that when an
animal was in extreme agony and distress and the more accepted methods of
putting an animal down were not immediately available, then I consider it
more humane to use a fairly quick method to kill the animal. Despite the
squeamishness of some of the respondents in this conversation, drowning is a
relatively quick method.

As to the person that was requesting my source for this information, my
source works in the veterinary industry, but has absolutely no intent on
becoming personally involved in this conversation. If that's not good enough
for you, then feel perfectly free to research the topic yourself and present
your information to the contrary. (with your sources for that information of
course)

If that's not good enough
for you, then feel perfectly free to research the topic yourself and present
your information to the contrary. (with your sources for that information of
course)

I believe he did, in appendix 4, if you wish to read it. If you follow
the link, you will see his findings in the research he went to the
trouble of producing.

It would seem that I am one of those too squeamish to stick a kittens
head in a bucket of water, & remain holding it there until the poor
creatures struggles ceased.

Perhaps you are right? I just don't have the stomach or confidence to
try, for fear that I would be putting the poor kitten through further
distress. You will understand what I mean when you take a look at the
veterinary surgeons findings.
Sheelagh"o"