Old December 6th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default How to keep cats safe with fireplace??

. ..

"steve84" wrote in message

I have two 1 1/2 year old cats that get in to everything. We have a
fireplace that we have been scared to use since we got them. Does
anybody know of a safe way to use the fireplace without worrying about
the cats getting hurt? The fireplace now has glass doors to keep it
closed when it is not in use but no heat gets out if we use those when
the flame is lit

Thanks for a any help

Steve

I put Holly and Duffy in another room whenever I light the fireplace.

Smart. We never leave a fire unattended, and the cats just lie on the floor
a respectable distance (like 7 feet) away.