Old December 7th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default How to keep cats safe with fireplace??

Suddenly, without warning, steve84 exclaimed (12/6/2008 11:32 AM):

I have two 1 1/2 year old cats that get in to everything. We have a
fireplace that we have been scared to use since we got them. Does
anybody know of a safe way to use the fireplace without worrying about
the cats getting hurt? The fireplace now has glass doors to keep it
closed when it is not in use but no heat gets out if we use those when
the flame is lit

Thanks for a any help

Steve

Get a good, solid screen, and don't leave the fire unattended when the
cats are around. Once the fire's cold, make sure they can't get at the
ashes, since ashes are tough to get out of carpet The absolutely
brilliant [that was sarcasm] previous owner of the townhouse we rent
installed WHITE carpet in the room that has the fireplace. GAAAAAAH!

jmc