Old October 30th 03, 10:27 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:14:49 GMT, Tanada
wrote:

I'd hoped not to have to write this for several years. Rascal, Mandy's
Boyfriend's (Jim) cat, seems to have started her trip to the bridge.
She's 13 and not used to being a member of such a large cathold as ours
is, so has spent most of her time on top of the fridge or on the
microwave stand. We even put a litter pan up on top of the fridge so
that she wouldn't have to share with the other cats, that's how "shy"
she is.

A couple of days ago, Rob noticed that she had lost some weight, and
told me about it. I suggested that Jim and Mandy feed her canned and
baby food by hand. She'd quit eating. I suggested today that we take
her to the emergency TEDs, but her hoomin says no, to let her go.

Rascal's health has been iffy since she was little, and the family is
surprised that she's made it this long, but D*MN this bites. I've
become fond of her rascallyness. She's ruined a toaster, destroyed a
couple of books, peed in my silverware rack and made her presence known
in a lot of ways, but she's had reason.

So, Please purr and think TED thoughts, that we can either convince Jim
and his family to let us take her to TED, or that they will.
Personally, I agree with Jim that it looks grim and that she probably
won't make it, but miracles have happened before and I'd like to try.

Weeping,

Pam S.

State your case and stand your ground!!! Remember the hand that rocks
the cradle rules the world. (At least that is what I tell myself)