Old December 30th 05, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fireworks Ban [Partly OT]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Not when I was growing up in Minnesota! (Although weather
may have had something to do with it.) Except in
predominantly Mexican neighborhoods, I've not encountered
them during fifty-plus years in the L. A. area, either - and
even there it's only a few stray firecrackers at midnight.

Well they do it a lot around here (Bay Area) at New Year's, and it's
considerably cooler, not to mention wetter, than it is in LA.

Firecrackers are also very popular in Asian neighborhoods.

My kitties don't mind them, but I have friends whose dogs get so
freaked about it that their humans have to take them out of town
for a few days. Though near 4th of July, it usually goes on for
a month all together, for weeks before and after the actual holiday.

Joyce