Old March 16th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default sneezing cat, not improving

Try putting the medicine in tuna water from the can (not the oil). Or
have it compounded into a cat-flavor.

Aren't you in the Puget Sound? There's a compounding pharmacist in
Federal Way that does cat flavors (Family Pharmacy.) Chicken gravy was a
hit here, but we also mixed it with more chicken juice from a cat food can.

Rhonda

wrote:
My mom's cat has been to the vet a few times already and will be going
back again this afternoon.

She has been sneezing off and on for the past several months. At
first, it was assumed to be allergies since we were remodeling. Nobody
else was bothered though, just her. It was mostly dry sneezing then,
though her face has been slowing changing color. She is a seal point
siamese, but her cheeks have turned white.

The dusty stage of remodeling is over, and she has a cool air mister
running every day to keep the moisture level higher. She went back to
the vet about a week ago since it seemed worse again. The vet gave her
a shot to see if that would help. I think it was cortizone, but I
didn't write it down. As of yesterday, she was sneezing really wet
and snotty sneezes and her nose is messed up again. The vet had
suggested chlortrimeton, so we managed to get one in her yesterday.
She is very pill resistant, and we had to corner her and wrap her in a
towel. It didn't seem to help at all.

She will be going back to the vet today as this is getting worse. But
I was wondering if anybody has had anything similar happen. Does this
really sound like allergies, or maybe something else? She has never
been given any antibiotics. Her eyes aren't running at all, but does
this sound like a respiratory infection?

Also, any suggestions for a high stress cat and medications? Any time
we have to give her medications, she stops sitting on my mom's lap for
months. I offered to do it for her since I don't care if she likes me
or not. But it has gotten to the point where she won't let me get near
her without being in a sheer panic. When we finally caught her
yesterday, she pooped. And we've barely seen her since then.

She does not eat canned food. She will sometimes lick the juice, but
has never been interested in the food. So, we can't grind up the pills
and put it in food.

Are there any prescription foods that would have the medicines or
supplements in them?

Any suggestions what we should be asking at the vet today?