Old October 5th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mike S.

Default Spayed female with enlarged nipples

I have a 2 y/o female cat that was spayed when she was 10 months old
(she was a stray). Recently, I noticed that her back two nipples are
bigger than the rest. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she was
pregnant, but she can't be. She is slightly pudgy and has had weight
problems since she was spayed. Although, I think most of the weight is
flab on her underbelly. The vet and I agreed on giving her a little
over 1/3 cup of dry food per day to handle the weight issue.

Any ideas on why two of her nipples are a bit enlarged? They're not
that big but when I first felt them, I thought they were ticks despite
the fact that she is not allowed outdoors.