Old October 29th 05, 04:21 PM
whitershadeofpale

Default Do It Yourself Vet Practices for Strays.

Wendy wrote:

There are groups who provide financial assistance to pay the vet bill. Try
doing a web search and see if there is something like that available in your
area. If there is then get the cat to the vet to at least get an accurate
diagnosis. You can't get one here as 1/ to my knowledge there aren't any
vets that post here and 2/ nobody can actually see the cat to even try to
guess at a diagnosis.

If you put the wrong medication in the eye you could exacerbate the problem.

Hope you can get help for your kitty.

Weezersfrnd has the cat with one eye

but I hear ya on the other stuff...

Like Lyn says, you gotta know what you're doing? well count me out!
I am willing to learn in order to help strays at a much lower cost per
cat.

I understand that an initial vet visit and std vaccines can cost around
$100.00 per cat, laying aside charitable groups who might discount for
helping strays.

I do find it odd that no-one gives thier cats std vaccine shots.
For example Megan who has 63 cats, you would think she would get the
vet to show her how to administer the simplest shots. I'm sure she
already gets volume discounts.

Seems like I'm reading some vaccines can be given through an inhaler?

Of course I would never try anything without say...a vet, show me, and
or watch me the first few times.

For my dogs (back in the day)... it was the difference between $50
bucks, v.s. $5.00 and the shot I gave them took all of 1 minute. (I
would inject a liquid into a powder, shake it, draw it back into the
needle, and stick them behind the neck where the skin was thick)...our
vet had showed me how.

Lyn is scaring me with those specific places that would need to be
stuck.

( I was barely able to get Ruprecht to swallow a pill )