Old November 25th 03, 09:37 PM
Wendy

The only problem with your argument is that, as I read it, the cat was
declawed before you took it (yes?) and therefore you spent no time even
trying to change the behavior. It might have served the cat better if you
had come to this group years ago to try to find strategies to discourage the
behavior. I never realized how many methods there are available to
discourage inappropriate clawing till I started reading this NG.

I'm glad you kitty is still alive and hasn't suffered (apparently) any of
the negatives that are possible when this procedure is done.

Wendy

"He Who Walks" wrote in message
om...
The cat was mom's and she died after a long illness. The cat had
clawed up a lot of furniture in the house and no one else wanted the
cat. The cat also had a skin condition which now necessitates a
depomedrol shot each month.

I took the cat on condition that it would be declawed so it wouldn't
tear my stuff up. The others involved didn't really want that to
happen but didn't want the alternative (euthanasia).

"Kitty kat" is very happy to still be alive and is actually doing
better now than when I got him six and a half years ago.

So, for all you anti-declawers I would tell you to go get a life.

Cropwalk2004