Old September 3rd 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default Pet Smart kittens & cats?

On 2 Sep, 22:03, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

On the other hand, when you adopt for the local shelter you are for sure
"saving a life" because they only keep even healthy animal for a limited
period before euthanizing them.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

That's one of the reasons I am so incredibly grateful to the shelter where I
adopted Duffy. Their policy is to keep an animal for "up to 14 days," but
they had kept Duffy for *several months.* I hate to think of him in a cage
for that long, but they clearly were doing all in their power to find a home
for him. He is the most loving, delightful cat and I will be forever
grateful that he came into my life. I send them checks now and then, but
that does not even begin to repay them for saving Duffy's life.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Recent pics: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

What a wonderful shelter Mary. If only all of them were able to do
that for their residents. No wonder you think so highly of them &
support them so well. I think I would too if I were you too. Duffy is
a really speacial cat, isn't he?
I have often looked @ Duffy & wondered what his parentage might be. He
looks very much like a Ragdoll, British blue cross, with the blue
eye's wonderful coat markings. One question that I have always
wondered but never thought to ask @ the time, is, how old do you think
Duffy is?

I must also stress @ this point (because we all know that the Fur
Balls read the screens whilst we don't attend them..!!), that Holly is
also ever so pretty with her lovely silky smooth black coat, her
caring manner with Duffy & her superb eye colouring too. She is just
as wonderful as Duffy is any day as well ;o)
Sheelagh"o"