Old July 3rd 03, 11:13 PM

DON'T give a cat mustard!
Get a high quality kitten chow -- needs the extra
vitamins and nutrients for the first year of his life.
If the kitten isn't eating GET IT TO A VET!
They can get very ill not eating, or not eating properly,
and "egg and milk" is NOT proper.

Try some warm, not hot, baby food, chicken or turkey.
Check the ingredients -- make sure there is no onion in it.
Try some boiled chicken -- white meat, shredded into TINY bits.
But get the kitten chow, and get the kitten to the vet.
All new kittens need to see a vet, even more so when
you are having problems with it eating.

(GR81) wrote in message . com...
I got a six week old kitten three weeks ago and I have a male cat
whose about five and a half years old. It's about nine weeks old now
but the kitten has never ever eaten meat. It just smells the stuff
and leaves it alone. The only thing it ever takes is mustard or a
mixture of egg and milk.

On the other hand, my male cat was healthy but within these three
weeks it has gained so much weight I have trouble picking it up. I
don't think he likes the kitten (in fact he's scared of it!) but we've
kept them apart so I can't really understand the problem. Can someone
help me please?