Old September 11th 04, 03:48 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , The Mermaid at
wrote on 9/11/04 1:49AM:

Thanks for all your advice - hubby had asked vet a few days ago
about licking patio and he just said it was to do with salt content
and sometimes they eat gravel too but it's ok...

However, when my cat stopped eating aswell we took him to the vet
for blood tests. Funninly enough everyone thinks my cat is a
Himalayan (He's just a farm cat but we reckon his long-haired tabby
mother either mated with a siamese or himalayan - sorry I digress!)
and the blood tests revealed that he is anemic - have to take him
back today for injections - antibiotics and steroids.

Apparently the reading was supposed to be 5 but his was 21!

Thanks for all the advice everyone - give your pussies a BIG HUG!

Whoa. Maybe your vet will remember now if someone asks again. I've heard it
time and again on these boards the last couple of years that peoples cats
began to lick cement or eat gravel when anemic. I think it's common. Hope
kitty gets better.