Old June 13th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default Bittie Weight

I weighed the bitties tonight. The 'meezer weighs 2 lbs 1.5 oz. The
itty bitty weighs 13.75 oz!! I have been served 12 oz of meat before
at a restaurant and almost ate all of it. Itty bittie is almost all
skin and bones. I can feel backbone, rib bones, pelvis. He's eating
and he was playing with the 'meezer's tail earlier so I think he's
going to survive. I hope we can get a chance to get them to the vet
tomorrow. I called today to make an appointment for Saturday but they
are booked solid. They said if I could bring them tomorrow or Monday
they'd see us. We don't want to wait until Monday. I hadn't
mentioned it earlier, but I've accepted a new position that is a
promotion and I've been trying to learn the ropes so I've been working
really long hours and coming home exhausted. But being in a new job
makes it difficult to take time away to get kittens vetted. Rusty
works much further away from home and vet than I do so it would be
better if I could do it. Hopefully we'll work it out and be able to
get them there tomorrow. If not, we'll find a vet that can take us on
Saturday. One way or another, we'll get them seen by Saturday and on
their way to good health. The 'meezer gave itty bittie a thorough
bath tonight and took a bath herself. I told Rusty she was going to
make sure they were both clean for their doctor visit. I think
they're both ready to get out of the crate. It will be quite a while
yet before they can leave the crate.

Julie