Old July 16th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Are you going to share

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

We usually eat dinner at 6 every night. I like to eat mine from a tray on
the sofa. At 6 every evening Smudgie trots in from the garden to see what
we are having. She climbs onto the back of the sofa, wanders along to where
I'm sitting and puts her front paws on my shoulders so she can see and smell
what's on the plate. If it's something she thinks might taste good she will
lay behind my head on the sofa and wait til I've finished.

Wow, Smudgie is very well behaved! Wish Roxy would settle down and wait,
too! It's gotten to the point where I have to shut her in a room while
I have dinner (I know, what a meanie), and let her out when I'm done.
Otherwise, she does exactly what you describe, except she doesn't leave,
and she stands beside my ear sniffing loudly (as in "hint, hint"), and
eventually trying to climb over me to get to the food. Of course, it's
my own fault for feeding her at the table to begin with...

--
Joyce ^..^