Old September 8th 12, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL[_2_]

Default Fleas!

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...

outside you screen porch take some borax soap and spread on the outside of
the screen porch. you can use cedar chips also around the base

clean the screen porch make sure any fabrics and any place the fleas can hid
and multiply. Frontline advantage I have never had a problem yet. Dont
use flea collars they are worthless and can poison them.

You can also bring the fleas in on your clothes.

You have to bomb 10 days after you do the first bomb the eggs will hatch.
Do a good vacuuming and get rid of the bag dont reuse.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Good advice. In addition to what Matthew wrote: If you have a vacuum with
a permanent canister instead of bags, cut up a flea collar and vacuum those
into the canister after it has been emptied. That helps get rid of any flea
eggs you may have picked up in cleaning. Also, be sure to dispose of vacuum
bags or the contents of canisters *outside* the house.

If Frontline is not working, I suggest you try Advantage. It also would be
a good idea to see a vet for a prescription and flea bath since the groomer
has not been able to solve the problem. *Do not* use flea collars or
over-the-counter flea preparations. They are ineffective and can be
dangerous to your cat's health. There have been a number of deaths
associated with those preparations. You may need to dispose of some pillows
or cat beds if they are badly infested. My vet once described flea eggs as
"timed release eggs"--he said they can hatch as long as 2 years later, so
you may need to be vigilant for a very long time to get rid of all of them.

MaryL