Old April 17th 04, 05:43 AM
Robert Casey

Tom Meter wrote:

Hi. My wife has lost two cats in the last few years that just ran away and
never returned.

More likely they got lost and didn't return because they couldn't figure
out where home was.

So she is really concerned that our current indoor cat
Brittney will flee now that she has gone out the doggie door a couple of
times. We are currently locking the doggie door while she has full reign of
the house but it's getting harder and harder to juggle the dogs and her and
keep her from "escaping". Both times she just sat on the porch and let me
bring her in. Should I invest in an electronic door and just let the dogs
have "keys" or does someone have a better suggestion.?

I wouldn't let the dogs loose outside as they would face the same
dangers an outdoor cat
would face. Doesn't your town have leash laws anyway?