Old May 23rd 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Sharon

Default How old can a cat get?

I hope mine live to be that ripe old age

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
Wow! That's pretty old. But today, cats are living much longer due to
better foods, better medical treatments, etc. I think the oldest cat on
record lived to be 33. Congrats on having 2 fairly healthy geriatrics!

S.

"Mandylifeboats" wrote in message
I was last on this group about 10 years ago when people were very helpful
and comforting when my old cat Cees died. Now I have an even older cat -
Lupi is 24! She's stone deaf, sees badly, has few teeth left, but is
otherwise lithe and fit and has a rich glossy (tabby) coat. She prowls
round the garden, jumps up on the mantelpiece (unfortunately!) and seems
to enjoying life in her quiet elderly way. At rest she seeks a warm flank
to cuddle up to of either her half-brother Wolfgang (22) or of one of the
other 2 cats.
Nice to beback in this group!
MLB