Old April 19th 05, 04:30 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Charleen Welton wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
news:Hi79e.1454$c24.711@attbi_s72...
OK, I've managed to edit one pic down to a manageable size (trimmed
of a

lot
of the background, adjusted color balance & whatnot), and still have
good detail. If the pic looks 'fuzzy' that's because the 400 zoom
lense we

have
for our camera has a soft focus - Bette Davis would love it!

Pic located at
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...26203755xrMdhn

Saturday, April 16, 2005

We load up the canoe on top of the Land Rover, and head out to a
place on Lake Monroe called Pine Grove. There is a public access
ramp for the lake there, and it is near the main stream (Salt Creek)
that feeds the lake (Lake Monroe is a man-made lake, created when
they dammed Salt Creek).
We launched at sometime between 11:00 am and 11:30am.

I really enjoyed your trip, the photo of the eagle is just great, not
only the setting but his pose!

David (DH) and I often ventured out in canoes or inflatables then a
boat we bought (and sold). We live in Central Florida and love the
natural settings and wildlife. We also photograph a lot.

Well I should say we used to. David now has a job where he is gone
for long periods of time. He is a long haul over the road (OTR) 48
state truck driver. He also goes into Canada and takes loads to
Lorado, Texas that get put into other trailers to go into Mexico. He
has been gone three weeks now and is not expected home for another
three weeks. So we don't go camping, hiking, boating or
photographing any more. We both miss it, that is why I was so happy
reading about your trip (I swear I could feel each bite and the
sunburn!)

Charleen

Actually, the bus weren't biting quite that bad at all - only had a few
spiders drop on me from low hanging branches. Just brushed them off and
kept on paddling. I did get scratched up a bit when I had to climb up on
the bank and work my way through a maze of brush to find a tree to go potty
behind - saw tons of deer prints on the way there too!

We did get startled by a rather large turtle of some sort, it must have been
resting on one of the submerged trunks and when we came by it popped way up
and then splash - it was gone. I thought it was a gator coming towards us,
but then I remembered we don't have wild gators here in Indiana. Guess I
just watch too much Animal Planet

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©