Old July 14th 04, 04:53 AM
bluemaxx

Hi, Megan. How is Omar doing? My Maxx, who also had dilated
cardiomyopathy, lost his fight and died today. :`(

Would you email off the group please?
Linda

wrote in message
: The average breaths per minute for a cat at rest is 20-30. 60-70, even
: with activity, seems high and the cat panting so easily is worrisome.
: These symptoms can be indicative of a heart condition. My cat Omar had
: these symptoms and was diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy.
: You should definitely take the kitten in for an exam and talk to your
: vet about scheduling an echocardiogram to see if there is indeed a
heart
: condition. If caught early, and depending on the type of problem, it
is
: possible to treat with medication and have a good quality of life for
: quite some time.
:
: Megan
:
:
:
: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to
do
: nothing."
:
: -Edmund Burke
:
: Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
: http://www.stopdeclaw.com
:
: Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
: http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22
:
: "Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one
: elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and
: splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then
: providence moves too. A whole stream of events issues from the
decision,
: raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings
and
: material assistance, which no man could have dreamt would have come
his
: way."
:
: - W.H. Murray